Saturday, January 30, 2016

Speak Again

To you, my One-That-Could-Be-Helped,
I know your worth.  You've felt it yourself
When you wanted to feel God's love.
But it felt so light,
So like a dove.
You rejected God's endless love.
Perhaps, perhaps,
But I know not.
For twixt two foes I am now caught-
Keep my distance and never feel
Closure to a wound unsealed,
Or close the distance
And make new wounds
In me and in you, met far too soon.
Doubtless you will feel to mock
At one whose heart was once a rock,
But such will never be again.
I want to feel it all again.
I want to be alive again.
I want to know and see again
A cherished heart made whole, again.
I know that such can be again
If you would but believe again.
Take a breath, make red again
A heart that wants to beat again.
Take to my knees and pray, again,
That you and I will speak, again.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment