Thursday, June 30, 2016

Grace

Cross-legged on a mountainside,
Back against a tree,
I feel others nearing
Whom I neither hear nor see.
Though my eyes are open,
I see no one at all.
I care not for comfort.
I wish to hear and heed the call.
I've waited to hear it,
Call to make eternal rhyme.
But long though I have waited,
I know it's not my time.
My mind is onward reaching,
Tendrils sent throughout
All the earth beneath me,
Those who live within and out.
I feel them drawing closer,
Angels, my wound, to heal.
Suffered on the battlefield,
I wished not to feel.
Deepest gash in my right side,
Much life fell therefrom.
While I try to right the scale,
And gain a happier sum.
Hands of heaven, gentle, touch
Where foe's death-blade fell,
In a try to make writer-warrior's
Soul-body well.
Too much life-water lost,
More angels kneel around.
Hands on head, arms, back, chest,
They make not one sound.
But I yet do feel it,
The love they pour inside
Brought from our Heavenly Father,
Love wide.  Eternity-wide.
I'm filled with such soul-balm
I've not felt.  Now I taste.
This, that I might share
This, God's own grace.
This prayer I offer you.
This, Grace shared anew.
Grace, and all God's angels
I beg God to help you, too.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment