Friday, February 12, 2016

Our Dream

You have a dream.
I have a dream.
Each person who can think has a dream.  
Or two. Or five.  Or a dozen.  I'm going 
To do something I haven't done on this 
Blog before.  I am going to share my dream.
When I'm done, I will invite you to respond 
To this blog post and share your own dream 
Or dreams. Your response will not be posted 
Until you give me the OK to share it.  In 
Advance, thank you for your response.

I have a dream wherein the things I say, and 
the things I write, touch the lives of un-
Counted people the world over, one by one
By one by one.  I have a dream wherein my
Words only do good.  By "good," I mean 
They improve the thoughts, and thereby the 
Reality of children of God everywhere.  To
Clarify, I view each person as a literal child 
Of God, so this dream I share includes you, 
Each person you know, and every person you 
Don't.  I have a dream wherein I can share 
my story and know that there are so many 
Who identify with it that I don't number them.

Part of my dream is the kindness that prevails
In the actions of God's children that I want
To have a hand in bringing about.  Another
Part is that few people, very few if any, say
Anything to me about it.  I can see the light,
The happiness in their eyes, and that is enough.

My dream is a happy dream.  I believe in it,
And hope for it, and long for it despite the
Many obstacles that stand in the way.  
Obstacles are just things that need to be
Climbed over, gotten past, and pushed through.
You and I do that every time we take a breath.

What is your dream?  Why do you have it?
Where does it come from?  I'm eager to hear.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment