Thursday, March 26, 2015

Always

And so I answer, "It was worth it, though the fire's burned my soul.
The storm has left my body bruised, with cuts and even holes.
A pure heart, through poor choices, is now sullied to its core.
None of these are factors that I ever can ignore.
I have treated my wondrous, creating mind
As a receptacle for naught.
And yet, I find within my hands
The things for which I've sought."
The advent of growth.
Deep nature's change.
A broadening view of
Perspective's range.
I answer twice, "Twas worth it. By the fire I have learned.
In the storm I found my strength.
A weathered heart can now discern.
Tis by the storm and fire, I find what's ever true-
There is someone of worth equal to me-
It's you.
We've walked, and tripped, and fallen
And through mistakes we've made,
We learn to build a refuge
Getting stronger every day.
Since through the storm, the fire,
I get to where I'm going to,
Walking through them, I know,
Is one thing I will always do."

beatingheart2

2 comments:

  1. You are SUCH an AMAZING writer and poet! I am so happy and proud that I have you in my life!!! COUSIN BOND :)

    ReplyDelete