Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Oath

And yet I still, now I've had my fill,
And love and joy have gone,
Carve deep upon my soul's wall
An oath to carry on.
Life will tear me asunder
Too many times to count,
But the more I hurt, the higher I crawl
'Pon this, my shattered mount.
Friends have kept me standing
When to stand I know not how,
But while friends of light hold me upright,
Dark foes, 'gainst me, make vow.
As if, like so many, I'm worth battles' blood
As though many give life for me.
And though tis through my vision blurred
I'm taught anew to see.
To see or glimpse the smallest part
Of what my soul's made of.
While near all my heart is cold
I feel a glimmering of love.
Perhaps I have not died inside
Maybe my heart still beats.
Maybe twill be a happy thing
When love again I meet.
Till then I'll struggle up my mount.
Once at the top, I'll stay.
Whatever comes tomorrow
I've kept my oath, today.

beatingheart2

No comments:

Post a Comment