Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Meant To Be

I held a treasure, a jewel most rare
In my imperfect, mortal hands.
It slipped, it fell, it shattered
Both itself, and all high plans.

I knew not hope nor despair,
For both gave way to ice.
However sharp life's blade,
I'd numbed Self from its slice.

To you who feel, and know both pain
and joy of burning love,
You know that purest burning
Goes with happiness, hand in glove.

Perhaps you, too, have given up
On having them again,
Though part of Frozen You
Aches for what you had, back then.

What if you found your soul mate,
Whom you never knew was real?
Could you take the pain of thawing
And dare, again, to feel?

Will you do so?  For I'll tell you
True love is very real,
For you, for me, for every soul
Whether able, or unable to feel.

It's not my scars that made it rough,
Vulnerable to be-
Laying my heart out for those around,
And all the world, to see.

Twas only that my darkness was precious,
Sacred, treasured to me.
Being vulnerable tears me up, each time.
I do it repeatedly,

Because sooner or later, someone,
Who looks so deep to see,
Will be the soul mate, breathtaking,
priceless, special, meant for me.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment