Monday, May 23, 2016

I Am Sure

I jumped over rocks.  I stumbled and fell.
Such clumsiness I knew all too well.
While others I viewed appeared straight and tall,
So often my way seemed only to fall.
This was my thought.  Then I heard a strong call.

"Never seem they fall," said call did say.
"Ever they seem to know the best way,
While you still fall, and bruise, and bleed.
They climb the branches, they top the tree,
While you granted height, for you planted the seed."

"Not long past, seeds you did spread,
Hoping only to soon grant good bread
To any who hungered for life more real,
That those who wanted it could start to feel
The wonder of a shattered heart newly healed."

Now I make haste to try, try again.
No matter what's happened just now or back then.
To always give it another go.
I don't "make an appearance," or put on a show.
But I'll put up a fight, this I and others know.

My legacy, such as it is, includes
My rolling in mud, my knack to choose
The treacherous path, the unsafe way,
The depressed, unkind thing to say,
But I will not give up, no, not today.

You, O Reader, also have inside you
The strength and courage to try it anew.
No avalanche, storm, or disaster that strikes
Can convince you, not ever, not to try.
I know the reason.  I know the why.

You are destined for greatness. You may ask how
I know this, since I live only in now.
Think on all the struggles you endure.
These are serving to make you more pure.
You will succeed.  I promise.  I am sure.

2 comments:

  1. You came up to me today at a light rail station and asked me to read your blog. I decided to ready this entry because you posted it on the anniversary of my sister's death and it called to me. Oh, how I needed this! I've been hurting for a while, friend, and I thank you for having the courage to walk up to a perfect stranger and impact their life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful that something told me to talk to you. I am needing your kind words, and appreciate them so much. Living is rough at times. Hence the things I write. If there's ever anything I can do to help further, please let me know.

      Delete