Thursday, May 19, 2016

Meant To

Two angels, so beautiful, at left and at right.
Both here to heal me at the end of this fight.
Never thought I that both could endure
This broken descent to the Me-No-More-Pure.
Of earning their aid, I've ne'er been less sure.

While one holds to my right, and the other my left,
The feeling of self-worth I've long been bereft.
No angels so holy their glory doth blind,
Their mortal sisters show what tis to be kind
To the owner of a sin-swept mind.

Gazing from top of mountain so great,
I see my destiny, my so-wished-for fate.
While much anguish awaits me still,
Of beat-down despair I've more than my fill.
I'm held together by naught more than will.

Led step by step to the height of this mount,
With each stride they'd helped me recount
Every success and every downfall,
Each time I'd run headfirst into a wall.
I reached the summit feeling strong, fit, and tall.

Then gazing out over vistas grand,
I find my peace still intact, though unplanned.
Some unbeatable, indomitable Me
Cannot stay down forever in misery.
Decades may pass, but I'll be made free.

Now you, too, on top of some great height,
Though you have fear, are not shackled by fright.
Your freedom from despair lies in fresh steps.
You still hope, dream and try.  Vigil you've kept.
You run, you've sprinted, each log you've leapt.

Now is our time to do and not die.
Friend, stretch your wings, spread them, and fly.
You're meant to.
So am I.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment