Friday, June 24, 2016

Shattered. But. Listening.

Feel you somber?  Feel you sad?
Seem all your dreams so crushed?
Have you fallen?  Are you mocked
For every time you've blushed?
Has heart inside, too great to quit,
Slowly let out life,
While you are made to walk on,
Under threat of knife?
Has talent God once gave you
Seem ever to fall short,
Or are your pathways threatened
By enemy, sword, and fort?
Are you harmed by those
Who could shield you from scarring?
Do any drag you to their fight,
To share in hurtful warring?
Do you wish for more
Than what's been handed you?
Would you walk out from hell
If you only knew what to do?
If I knew the way for you,
And could point the way,
Would you leave your hell behind,
And walk out,
Today?
You, O child of God,
With sacred, dream-filled heart,
I know where there's help,
Where you may make a good start.
Message me, email me,
When such is what you need.
Call me planter, if you wish
For I, now, plant a seed.
I am no gloried angel,
For all that I've been through.
I'm truly soul-shattered,
But I'll listen,
Dearest Reader,
To you.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment