Saturday, September 5, 2015

Diamond

You’d forgotten your very angels.
They infused your dying soul.
They gave impossible comfort.
They renewed a wasted goal.
You remembered not their helpful hands…
Their unending, powerful love.
Their arms around your shoulders.
Fighting for your peak above.
Then it happened.  You fell, after coming so far.
It hurt so much you died…
The part of you that was learning, again,
To feel, to bleed, to cry.
So very often it happened
That you’d learned to shut out strife.
For all you gained, you lost- and more.
You’re scattered, scarred by life.
You haven’t quit- it’s not what you do.
You always pull you back up.
But you wish to tear yourself in pieces.
You’re poured a bitter cup.
What can you do? 
What should you do?
Can you, that cup, afford?
Can you take your heartstrings up in your hands,
And play a power chord?
Maybe the angels in your life,
Those who save your soul,
Can make triumph of disaster,

And pure diamonds of blackest coal.

Adam Scott Campbell

2 comments:

  1. Hi Slice. It was wonderful to read your latest creation. Thank you. I could see your life between the lines but it also could apply to so many facets of peoples lives. It reminded me of a man I met on my mission. He had recently be released from prison. One of the few things he "owned" prison was a Bible. He read it. He read it many times and came to know God and to understand Jesus Christ's gospel. He was always a diamond...he just didn't know it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tic. That helps me so much. I've felt often that I'm in prison, many prisons for many different reasons. Sometimes its the darkest places wherein I am the most receptive to the light. It is also there that I find my most priceless treasures. That is something I love learning many times over. I'm grateful for the lesson.

    ReplyDelete