Saturday, September 12, 2015

Tarnished Purity

Where the deep reaches so far down
That its ending can't be found;
When the loudest word there spoken
Won't be heard for all its sound,
There is heard a gentle token
Of purest love long past awoken
Ever growing in richest ground.

Such rich ground, never known
Is home to great plants grown.
Such rich soil I have touched, felt
Deeply within, pure seeds I've sown.
Painful richness from when love will melt
By each hate-stroke 'gainst it dealt
Teaches deepness from being alone.

Something pure, something dead.
Two at war inside my head
Cannot, will not work as one
When there's much more will be said
Before this dead purity is done.
Every work of glory shun.
I, on dead purity, am fed.

What blade pierced me, all my body through
When I fought for what was true?
How did I crawl when I would bleed
More than my heart was able to?
Whenever has my most basic need
Grown most sweet fruit from my most weak lead?
What am I being asked to do?

To reach, tarnished, out to you?

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment