Wednesday, September 23, 2015

We No Me

Two at one side.  I'm lost inside of
A broken burned heart all bound and tied.
There is none I can call my own.
I am alone. All alone. What I've known.
Half complete, an empty sheet.
A literary work of something incomplete.
Potential unrealized in anguished zeal.
Am I advantaged when I feel?
Two at another side I turn.
My solitary path I start to learn.
Know I well the lure of being numb.
To such relief I've been driven to come.
How may I survive when I've lost my way?
Perhaps I should long ago have chosen to stay.
I will use another pronoun to make survival for me.
We suffer. We are pained, we love, we bleed,
Me is now we.
Illusion of togetherness binds us to life, a flimsy tie.
Again we ask the question of why we choose to stay. Why?
Because there is still just one we, none else inside.
Alone inside, maybe companion we sought has ever lied.
Outer companion never was.
We made it up, just because.
We are alone.
If alone, then empty.
If empty, then dead.
War as always inside our head.
For the finding of companionship we have ever bled.
All over our body we view covered with tread.
Is this our tie to mankind instead?
There is no more me.
We are the Embattled We.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment