Thursday, October 6, 2016

Keeping Me Alive

Life hurts.  You know that.  Life can be more painful than you know how to deal with.  Maybe you deal with the pain by disconnecting.  I do that.  Not all the time, but still.  Maybe you have the pain taken care of by someone else, because you have exhausted other options.  I've been there.  Maybe the one taking care of your pain wears scrubs for much of the day, or maybe he or she wears jeans and a t-shirt.  If taking care of your pain is a necessity for your physical and/or psychological survival, then the person performing such charity for you has earned the title "angel".

Do you recognize your angels?  Can you see them, and can you see them for who and what they are?  Maybe you do.  Maybe gratitude overflows in your heart because of the grace bestowed on you.  Angels both mortal and immortal have place in your life.  They talk to you.  Or draw or write to you.  Or sing to you.  Or dare to keep breathing for you.  Or smile randomly at you.  Perhaps it confuses you sometimes.  I can be confused so often.  If we reap what we sow, then surely the grace granted you was something you gave to someone else, at some point, in some circumstance.

For whom are you an angel?  You are reading my blog.  That makes you one of my angels, because it means that my words are valued.  That gives me hope, and my hope, like the title of this blog, is embattled- it has to fight for survival.  You, O Reader, are keeping my hope alive.  I am alive.

Thank you.

Adam Scott Campbell

2 comments:

  1. I love this Adam. You are also an angel to many people. Keep Writing, breathing, hoping, and being angelic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you Tic. I will keep on. You too. And thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete