Sunday, October 4, 2015

Consider

There was no way, no path, no reality
Within a suffering mind
To find escape out of the trap
That all of my Me would bind.
I'd lost my goals, my focus,
My knowledge of how to succeed,
Whilst amidst all of this dissonance
There grew from the smallest seed
A tiny sapling that reminded me,
All the while it grew,
That there was much, still, that, despite my weakness
I still knew.
I knew that others surrounded me
No matter that I was blind.
That all my life I'd been helped, aided, even carried,
That many had been so kind.
I knew there was worth inside me.
I felt the love for me.
I also clung to my conviction
That, although I could not see,
Each soul in existence
Whether searching for a sign
Also had inestimable levels of worth
Equal to mine.
Perhaps, despite the bondage,
Maybe due to it, too,
I oft re-realize
This worth lies, as well, in you.
Perhaps you struggle with tremendous pain.
Perhaps you have gone numb.
Perhaps you know life isn't fair,
Perhaps you envy some.
Perhaps you, also,
Embroiled in a trap,
Wish for some sweet gift of grace
To fall into your lap.
We have this much in common,
You, and they, and me.
Consider, for a moment.
This is Embattled We.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment