Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sealed

Down in the dregs of my heart's remains
Glancing still deeper where Indomitable reigns
I discover hidden, unbroken I see,
The secret elixir, imprisoned in me:
Chance.  Tis mine, un-tethered and free.

Indomitable Me, I take it up,
Set to pour Chance into my cup,
When some gentle voice murmurs, "Don't."
I feel, though balm in elixir's shown,
To drink my assured victory, I won't.

Setting Chance down, turning to go,
Before me stands one whom I well know.
A woman, rarest beauty ever the same.
Never unhappy.  Never ashamed.
Ever believing.  Hope is her name.

Her hand reaches out.  I do not retreat.
The hand of Hope, and my shoulder, meet.
Into my eyes, she views my all.
I feel neither broken, nor strong, short or tall.
I feel just me.  Hope sees through my wall.

Then moving hand, from shoulder, away,
Hope reaches in, to Indomitable's stay.
Apprehension I feel for what she'll do now,
Though I have no knowledge of exactly how,
 Hope touches Chance.  Chance draws a vow.

And though that vow is spoken by me,
I know not what this vow might be.
I know that tis spoken with firmness of soul,
That tis what will enable me to reach my goal,
But what words?  I don't remember their role.

I may not remember, nor understand why
Those powerful words bring me nigh
To seeing my destiny laid out before,
No wall to block me, no barred metal door,
But I know there are great wonders in store.

While Chance rests in Hope's gentle hand,
I find this my soul again able to stand.
Upon life's path, without wall or shield,
While my Indomitable refuses to yield,
With radiant Hope, my banner  I'll wield.

With Hope by my side, our victory's sealed.

Adam Scott Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment