Monday, April 11, 2016

My Vow

I threw it down, I wiped my hands,
I turned and walked away.
My every secret, all my darkness,
Each teardrop displayed.
So sick of carrying it all alone,
In order to survive,
I was required to be vulnerable
So as to stay alive.

Twas years ago, my darkness now,
More deathly than before,
Is written one page at a time,
Words my heart has in store.
No matter how great the number,
How many stanzas show,
There are more waiting in the dark
Whene'er I dare to go.

Tis the light that loves me.
Tis the dark that seeks my life.
Since both have root inside me,
I am embroiled in strife.
One candle in the darkness,
Two hands that clench it tight.
I am attracted to the darkness,
But I will not release my light.

Tis a war that has never failed
To be waged night and day.
I cannot force those I harm
To return, or to stay.
But if light from my candle,
Travels all the way to you,
May it help you on your journey
And give hope to push on through.

I give you, dear Reader,
A promise and a vow.
I will not quit the fight,
Not ever, no matter how.
Tis an eternal battle.
I have an eternal soul.
I will keep pushing for
The highest of any goal.

Tis the goal I've ever had
Through my most painful strife.
Tis the purpose of my existence.
It is eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment