Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hands

One hand reaching,
I quickly back off.
Know I it's not kind
Or helpful
Or soft.
Another reaches.
This time
I fight back.
With tooth and claw
I turn and attack.
Many hands reach.
Nowhere to turn.
Mayhap,
So trapped,
Defense I'll learn.

Many hands reaching.
Tools they hold.
While I lay helpless.
Broken.
Cold.
Many hands holding,
Keeping me still,
Ignoring my wishes,
My wants,
My will.
One hand touching
Back of my head.
Memories lost.
Empty
Instead.

Two hands holding
Tightly my own.
Touch, not a happy
Thing
I have known.
Two hands that shake
While I pull away
No good can be had
From touch,
Anyway.
Two hands reaching
Out to me still,
Begging me
Come back, this
Not my will.

Hands that held heaven.
Hands that lived Hell.
Hands that wrote
Word-balm,
Hands that then fell.
While all these things
Done
By such hands
Helped, harmed and held
Other like hands...
Other like hands,
Numbered not few
Helped hands
Holding heaven
Push their way through.

Two hands as one
Clasped to plead,
Wanting,
Wishing for,
Their deepest need.
Two hands pleading,
Naught to hold on.
Smothered
In darkness,
Waiting for dawn.
Many hands reaching
Out once again.
Two hands recoiling,
Broken,
Again.

Two special hands reaching
Round my spent frame
While my own hands
Clench tight
To deep pain.
Two special hands
That know pain
Of their own,
Not letting me suffer
All on my own.
Two special hands
Saving my life,
Granting me comfort
In midst of
Dark strife.

Many kind hands
Come pair by pair,
Wishing me healing,
Wishing me
Care;
Wishing me feel
Safety once more.
Wishing me find
What life
Is good for.
Many kind hands
Holding words
I've said.
Many kind hands
That never have fled.

Two hands typing
The words you see,
Two hands, grateful
For all done
For me.
Two hands,
Gaining so much
For what's lost.
Two hands, regretting not
The cost.
Two hands, that now
Know just why.
Two hands, that always,
Always,
Will try.

beatingheart2

No comments:

Post a Comment