Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Heart, My Body, My Spirit

When spirit, body, and heart
Are at peace where once at war,
The place they touch each other
Is the place that I ache for.

This place I have but rarely glimpsed.
This place but once I felt
When each controlled, self-directed thought I owned
Would melt.

No matter how strong and even
My soul's keel seemed to be,
Some angry inner element
Would always tear at me.

Such a torn spirit could not bear
Another spirit near.
Such a broken body burning
Could only shy away in fear.

Such a gushing, anxious heart
Longed for just one taste
Of real love's helpful, heavenly, heart-healing
Embrace.

Where body, heart, and spirit
Meet, and seamlessly align,
In that place I once found myself
When greatest pain was mine.

Pain greater than anything
Ever felt in me,
Yet, still, my All was graced
By flawless tranquility.

Something without balance-
A pained, strong inner me-
Was always fighting for control
That I could never see.

When heart is let to lead
Wherever it feels drawn,
It oft will not lead one
To the brightness of the dawn.

So very much of the dark
I've let into my soul,
I'm ever pulled back in
Finding pieces of my whole.

Heart, spirit, and body-
Pieces of each part of me
Waiting to be found,
That all might learn to Be.

That all might learn to Share.
That war might be undone
That all might find together
Peace born of being one.

beatingheart2

2 comments: