Thursday, May 14, 2015

Me To My Fore

One foe,
Add two foes,
Then four foes more.
Midst all seven, my soul I fight for.
Know they not wretchedness which I store.
Till I unleash what's behind soul's door.

First pain
Second through seventh pain,
Through soul's door Bared.
All seven enemies, petrified, stare.
Now these heartless humans have harried care.
We are alike.
We are now more aware.

Courage
I have,
Showing I am not void
Of weakness, or darkness, or good things destroyed.
While strength is mine, unaided, unalloyed,
Toyed not with is Friendship Deployed.

Seven.
Then six left.
Then five on their feet.
Four are now standing on coldest concrete.
Three braving battle on broken, burned street.
Two see their strength woefully obsolete.

Warrior
One warrior
Looks me all the way through.
Peering intently like no others dared do.
I stare back, intently, too.
Words come unbidden, and unthought.
"Am I you?"

Three words.
Truth spoken
Shatters all grip I thought was mine.
To unreal reality, I've crossed the line
The bridging line.
A line so very fine.

I look.
I look back.
All of me sees my all.
No shadows, no veils, no lies, no wall.
In stark truth, markings from every fall
Destiny between us makes a shrieking call

Courage
I know well
Courage to see truth
Though said truth now oft is ruth-
Less tis, too, often liberating, forsooth...
Like first-felt love pangs of an embattled youth.

I see
My great chance
To be of myself, my Inner Powerful, far more.
I sense deeply the wondrous strength stocked up in store.
My hand reaches out to the me to my fore.
The me to my fore reaches. We touch.

Me, no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment