Saturday, May 9, 2015

Heal

Walking over the coals so white.
Ne'er pain so great felt so slight.
Can so great pain help make right
Friendship that fell, frozen in fight?

While I lay frozen, burnt feet unfeeling,
No stars embedded in heav'n's ceiling,
Fevered mind, from shock, reeling,
Can harm I dealt be forgot by healing?

As I fought with one who wished no harm
To me, who wished to feel unfelt charm...
While my numbed heart wanted to warm,
Can wakened mind numb all alarm?

Now I, with so very much loss
Swallowed bitterly, midst tempest's cost-
One small sip of nectar, tossed
Back, Can it freeze my heart with frost?

E'en so numbed, I see, I hear,
Pains of loved ones who ought not hold dear
Fallen Warrior, Prisoner of Fear.
Can I shed even one tear?

Desire so sharp that it cuts to my core,
Exposing all things buried in store,
Wishing to end an unending war,
Dare I, my ice-heart, ignore?

To you, whom I know not how to save,
Did you find numbed heart in sealed cave?
Can you heal the wounds I gave,
While I feel naught but a wretched knave?

I pray you soon feel all you should feel,
Take back what I was unworthy to steal,
Find a heart that is true to the deal,
Golden heart, I pray you to heal.

beatingheart2

No comments:

Post a Comment