Friday, May 1, 2015

Saving Celeste

Hands without strength.
Shattered pieces fall.
Warring Worlds Within.
Cracks in every wall.
Beating heart in fragments
Strewn across the floor.
Someone's threatened life
I must not ignore.

Deep inside this fortress
Of hardened, chiseled stone,
I must somehow find a way
To save Celeste, alone.
Filled near overflowing
With souls so very fair...
I have failed to find
A single soul who cares.

Dashing from the chamber
Where my young sister lies-
Silent as the grave,
Lids closed o'er her eyes-
To the banquet hall,
Victory feast now in full sway
Brother's army triumphed
Only yesterday.

Some dreadful plotting
Aimed to steal my sister's life
Know I well of the hatred
Felt for sis, by brother's wife.
Nectar of wild fireflower
From the distant west,
Mayhap now can rescue
One nearing eternal rest.

Into banquet crashing
Come I by servant's way.
My sweet youthful sister
Will not die today!
One solitary glass
Of fire-nectar rests
In the hands of one
Of wife-of-brother's guests.

I have not time endless.
Drawing wife-of-brother's ire,
I snatch from her guest's hand
Last chalice of liquid fire.
Brother's wife cries out
In condemning words for me.
As her friends run full tilt
At none but me, I flee.

Guards are all at banquet
Naught stands in my way
That enemies are all behind
I fervently pray.
Nearing sacred room
Where sweet, young sister lies
Near and to my rear
I hear our foes' angry cries.

My own weapon, naked,
Now comes to the fore.
Their loyal evil... my razor will...
We engage in war.
Never has Berserker been
A title I have held, but
It tells well my mindset
As my foes I felled.

Now entering the room,
Upon the floor I see,
A dying mortal angel-
Celeste, my sister, dear to me.
Swiftly to her lips
Lip of chalice do I bring.
'Gainst all hope I hope,
That her spirit's lingering.

And now do I feel it?
Some touch of grace quite near?
Celestial life to save Celeste?
An antidote to my fear?
Yes! Her eyes crack open!
Hers and mine drop tears...

"Brik," she murmurs softly
"I dreamt such evil things..."
"Never again," I vow softly.
"For, soon, I'll be king."

beatingheart2

No comments:

Post a Comment